Mouthwash is not always promised to work as expected due to the varying degrees of efficiency within products. Some products do not always work as they say they can or they vary in their uses, ranging from merely freshening breath, to providing enamel protection, fluoride treatment, and the potential for a whiter smile. Finding the right mouthwash is possible with the help of the ADA and your dentist.
The best smiles are improved with mouthwash care. Facts about mouthwash include:
– Use mouthwash tools that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or have been approved for use by your dentist.
– Avoid using mouthwash as a substitute for daily oral health care habits like brushing and flossing, which cannot be replaced for effective teeth cleaning.
– When deciding which mouthwash to choose, make sure you understand which benefits you are looking for, whether that be for a clean mouth, to whiten teeth, or to destroy plaque buildup.
– A few varieties of mouthwash have been proven to effectively combat the effects of halitosis, also known as bad breath.
– Be sure to speak with your dentist before trying a new mouthwash.
If you are looking for dental health treatments in Bullard, Texas, Bullard Family Dentistry would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. J. Brandon Allen by calling our dentist office at 903-710-2309. Poor oral hygiene can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today.