Do you have a hard time sleeping at night because you constantly wake up in the night? Have you been told you snore loudly or have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea? The truth is that an underlying cause in your mouth may be at fault. For instance, bruxism is a condition caused by grinding and clenching your teeth, often while you are fast asleep.
Is your lack of sleep the result of bruxism? Check yourself for the following symptoms to determine if you may suffer from bruxism:
– You grind, clench, and gnash your teeth without being aware of it, which can tear down smiles over time, resulting in a noticeable, flat look to your teeth.
– If you have teeth that appear to be chipped or cracked, but you have no idea where from, bruxism may be to blame.
– You may have bruxism if you have jaw or face pain, sensitive teeth, dull headaches in your temple area, and chewing damage on the inside of your cheek tissue.
– Sleep disorders including snoring and sleep apnea can often be linked to bruxism.
– If you are an adult with severe stress, you may be a great candidate for bruxism.
Treatment options for individuals with bruxism include mouth guards, muscle relaxant medications, meditative workouts and exercises, and other stress relievers. If you would like Dr. Candice Denison and Dr. Brandon Allen to bring you in for an oral health examination, please contact our dental office in Bullard, Texas, by calling 903-710-2309. At Bullard Family Dentistry we are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!