Have you been practicing superb oral health care habits including brushing your teeth at least twice daily? However, the key to brushing your teeth lies not only in your brushing habits but also in your decisions regarding your toothbrush. If your daily oral care is not the best it can be, your oral health success rate will suffer. Listed below are some of the top tips for taking care of your toothbrush:
– Always keep your toothbrush free from contamination.
– Don’t share toothbrushes, and always store yours upright in a cool, aired-out container when not in use.
– Storing toothbrushes in closed containers for extended periods of time can increase the risk of contamination.
– When selecting a toothbrush, try to find one that can easily fit in your mouth and reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Look for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or those that have been recommended by your dentist.
– Make sure your toothbrush has soft bristles, as stiff bristles can hurt your gums.
– If you have muscle damage or have a hard time brushing, electric toothbrushes can make the task much easier.
– Be sure to replace your toothbrush at least every three to four months, or earlier if necessary.
If you would like an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Candice Denison or Dr. Brandon Allen at Bullard Family Dentistry, please call our dental office in Bullard, Texas, at 903-710-2309. We look forward to helping you with all of your oral care needs!